Annual Membership and Associate Membership Dues
a. During the period September 1, 2016 to August 1, 2017 there shall be no Annual Dues.
Life and Associate Life Membership Dues
a. Life Membership dues for veterans meeting the requirements of Article III, Section 1 of these Bylaws, and Associate Life Membership dues for veterans meeting the requirements of Article III, Section 4 of these Bylaws, shall be $20.00.
(1) Individuals paying to Life or Associate Life Membership may also pay $20.00 to participate in this incentive program.
(2) Individuals paying to Life or Associate Life Membership principle already paid shall be placed in the Life Membership Fund.
b. Any Life or Associate Life Member who has died shall have his/her membership continued in memoriam unto perpetuity. A roster of perpetual Life and Associate Life Members shall be maintained at the National Headquarters.
(3) Should an application for Membership or Associate Membership be rejected, dues or application fees paid by the applicant shall be refunded and his/her application shall not be entertained again for a period of one (1) year.
d. Life and Associate Life Membership dues shall be paid to the National Association and shall be placed in a Life Membership Fund, and the net income earned in dividends and interest from the Life Membership Fund shall be divided among the various regional groups in good standing, with 90% to the Life Membership Fund and 10% to the BVA General Fund.
c. The Board of Director’s has the authority to periodically offer special promotions to stimulate the recruitment of members and associate members.
d. The Life Membership Fund shall be administered by a Board of Trustees, consisting of six (6) individuals appointed by the National President with the advice and consent of the National Board of Directors.
(1) One (1) trustee shall be the National Controller of the National Headquarters, and not less than one half (1/2) of the trustees shall be Members or Associate Members of the Blinded Veterans Association with at least one (1) being on the National Board of Directors.
(2) The terms of office shall be three (3) years, with two (2) trustees appointed three (3) year terms each year.
(3) The National President shall designate one (1) of the trustees as Chairperson.
(4) The Life Membership Fund Board of Trustees shall elect such other officers it may deem necessary and shall adopt rules of procedure governing the investment and distribution of funds, such rules of procedure to be subject to approval by the National Board of Directors. The Life Membership Fund Board of Trustees and the National Board of Directors shall be the exclusive determiners of the rules governing the investment and distribution of funds, and, notwithstanding Article VII, Section 3 of these Bylaws, except for an amendment to these Bylaws, no law, regulation or policy passed by the membership of the Association in Convention assembled or otherwise shall govern how such funds are invested or distributed.
(5) The Board of Trustees shall have the power to buy and sell securities. In so doing, the Board of Trustees shall have the power to engage a Corporate Investment Manager and to give such Manager discretionary authority to buy and sell securities for the Investment Account of the Life Membership Fund.
Regional Group Dues
a. Payment of dues for membership in the National Association
automatically enrolls a Member, Associate Member, Life Member or
Associate Life Member into the regional group having jurisdiction over
the area of his/her residence without payment of additional dues to that
b. A regional group shall not levy any additional assessment upon its
Members, Associate Members, Life Members or Associate Life Members as a
requirement for Membership or Associate Membership in the group.