South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind JOB
Job Location: Corpus Christi
Job Title: Production Manager
Responsible for managing and directing the daily plant manufacturing process. Ensures new and existing manufacturing processes - including equipment, tooling, facility, methods, standard work, manufacturing systems, and process controls - produce products that meet customer and quality requirements, standard labor cost, overhead cost, and material costs. Ensures all employees strive to meet the standards set forth by the company for safety, quality, efficiency, and housekeeping. Demonstrates an on-going commitment to fulfilling the mission of the organization.
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing is preferred, but not essential
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum of 3 years production management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, problem solving, Kanban, and process mapping
- Understanding of inventory, scheduling, quality, manufacturing, and operations functions are essential
- Have strong knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and effective leadership skills
- Proven ability to build a strong team and ability to work in a team-based organization
- Good understanding of business financials and technical and business applications
- Travel 15% - 20%
- Current state drivers license and proof of insurability
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for achieving departmental objectives through the execution and day to day management of the department’s strategies, goals and objectives.
- Customer service and inside sales support experience required
- Proven leadership and strategic skills with the ability to drive short term and long term initiatives
- Ability to analyze complex situations and develop range of solutions
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office; Word; Excel, Sage MAS ERP system and email
- Ability to work well with others and lead teams
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively
- Excellent time management skills
External applicants can apply at 4421 Agnes St. between 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday – Friday or download application at www.stlb.net, fax to 361-654-8292 or email to email@example.com. STLB employees interested in applying for a position must fill out a Request for Internal Transfer Form and submit to Carrie in Human Resources or for more information contact Carrie at ext. 108.
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.