South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind JOB
Job Location: Corpus Christi
Job Title: Production Manager
Responsible for managing and directing the daily plant manufacturing process. Ensures new and existing manufacturing processes - including equipment, tooling, facility, methods, standard work, manufacturing systems, and process controls - produce products that meet customer and quality requirements, standard labor cost, overhead cost, and material costs. Ensures all employees strive to meet the standards set forth by the company for safety, quality, efficiency, and housekeeping. Demonstrates an on-going commitment to fulfilling the mission of the organization.
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing is preferred, but not essential
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum of 3 years production management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, problem solving, Kanban, and process mapping
- Understanding of inventory, scheduling, quality, manufacturing, and operations functions are essential
- Have strong knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and effective leadership skills
- Proven ability to build a strong team and ability to work in a team-based organization
- Good understanding of business financials and technical and business applications
- Travel 15% - 20%
- Current state drivers license and proof of insurability
Provides customer service and promotes valued-added upselling to both new and existing accounts; provides administrative support to outside sales team: researches potential new business leads and new markets for purpose of generating sales.
Job Title: Machine Operators – Programmable
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing or related field preferred
- One year customer service experience required
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office; Word; Excel and emaill
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be well-organized with demonstrated practice of strong follow up
Performs various stages in sewing process by conjoining component materials/parts to make product; uses non-complex single-needle and/or double-needle automated machines.
Job Title: Assembler/Packer
- Basic knowledge of sewing machine operations preferred
- Must be able to learn to operate automated machines
- Basic addition and subtraction; must be able to count
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Ability to sit for long periods of time (8 to 10 hours)
- Ability to follow detailed oral instructions
Works as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most product lines and tasks rather than being assigned to a specific task on a regular basis.
- Preference given to legally-blind candidates
- Ability to perform hand assembly tasks
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time (8 – 10 hours/day)
- Must be able to lift 20-30 lbs
- Must work as a team and work well with others
External applicants can apply at 4421 Agnes St. between 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday – Friday or download application at www.stlb.net, fax to 361-654-8292 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. STLB employees interested in applying for a position must fill out a Request for Internal Transfer Form and submit to Carrie in Human Resources or for more information contact Carrie at ext. 108.
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.