Blinded Veterans Association BVA Seeks Part-time Development Assistant
TITLE OF POSITION:
P/T Development Assistant (25 hours per week)
The Development Assistant works in the Development Department to improve outreach and cultivation of donors via phone or email. This position also works with the Development Generalist in the creation of online campaigns. Other responsibilities include researching and proofreading materials for public education campaigns and drafting correspondence for donors and other administrative duties as needed.
Education and Work Experience:
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- College Degree (BA or higher), preferably in English, writing, Communications, or related field
- Previous experience in fundraising/non-profit donations, computer research, & database management preferred
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in working on databases
- Proficient in creating reports
- Excellent Oral communication skills
OTHER DUTIES AS DIRECTED (20%)
WORK STATION LOCATION:
- FOUNDATION ADMINISTRATIVE GRANT SUPPORT
- Work with development contractor and compile documents/information he/she needs
- Maintain existing status with multiple organizations
- ONLINE DONOR MAINTENANCE
- Works with the Development Generalist in the creation of online campaigns, download monthly donation records, compose reports and prepare donor records for upload to BVA database
- Correspond with online donors as needed, including sending “In Memoriam” acknowledgement letters and emails, helping donors with technical issues, and responding to donor queries
- Provide Administrative support for development contractor
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT
- Maintain donor database as needed, combining and deleting duplicate entries, correcting mistakes in addresses or names, etc.
- Enter information into database, such as responses to mailings
- Flagging un-responsive mailings on case by case basis
- STATE FUNDRAISING REGISTRATIONS
- Provide support to contractor in fulfilling each respective State’s requirements to conduct fundraising
- Provide all necessary support to pay each respective State’s fundraising registration fees
The Position of Part-time Development Assistant is based in the BVA National Headquarters in Alexandria, VA. Some travel may be required.
BVA and federal government background checks will be performed.
To be considered for this position, please submit resume and cover letter by email to:
BVA National Headquarters
Attention: Ms. Krissi Spence-Gilbert
125 N. West Street, 3rd Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Blinded Veterans Association Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.