Blinded Veterans Association BVA Seeks Membership Coordinator Assistant (MCA)
The Blinded Veterans Association (BVA) is an organization of blinded veterans helping blinded veterans. Through our service programs, regional groups, resources, and advocacy before the legislative and executive branches of government, we hope to make life better for blinded veterans.
BVA is currently has an immediate opening for a part time, Membership Coordinator Assistant (MCA) located in Alexandria, VA. Resume and cover letter must be received by August 10, 2017.
Acting under the general supervision of the National Director, Field Service Program, the MCA is responsible for assisting The Membership Coordinator (MC) in day to day maintenance of the membership database in order to provide all facets of the organization accurate and up-to-date membership services, statistics and instruction. The MCA assists in the Preparation of statistical reports to reflect the status of all aspects of membership to include, individual, regional group and District membership status and answer all specific membership inquiries. The MCA assists in the coordination of membership promotions, retention and keeps new and renewal membership updated daily.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Receive and sort out incoming mail.
- Prepare outgoing seasonal membership mailings.
- Maintain office filling and storage.
- Prepare and mail out membership packets and label requests.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies.
- Answer phone and/or return calls to persons when requested to do so.
- Work schedule is Monday through Friday.
- Assist with other official assignments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the BVA National Field Service Program Director.
- Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent. Prefer 2 years secondary education (college or business school), etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Work independently and be able to effectively, efficiently, and ethically provide support services while ensuring the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Working level knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and database systems.
- Self-starter, goal driven, team player.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
(1) Part-time position working 28 hours/week
Salary: $11.00 /hour
BVA background check will be performed.
To be considered for this position, please submit resume by email to:
BVA Field Service Resource Center
Attention: Mr. Edward Eckroth
National Director, Field Service Program
125 N. West Street, 3rd Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Blinded Veterans Association Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.