Blinded Veterans Association BVA Seeks National Service Officer Administrative Assistants (NSOAA) [Position Has Been Filled]
The Blinded Veterans Association (BVA) is an organization of blinded veterans helping blinded veterans. Through our service programs, regional groups, resources, and advocacy before the legislative and executive branches of government, we hope to make life better for blinded veterans.
BVA is currently has an immediate opening for a part time, National Service Officer Administrative Assistants (NSOAA) located in the Field Service Program (FSP) in Alexandria, VA. Resume and cover letter must be received by December 09, 2016.
Acting under the general supervision of the National Director, Field Service Program, the NSOAA is responsible for providing administrative support to FSP Resource Center Staff in the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for veterans' benefits.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Completion of NVLSP's Basic Training Course within two weeks of hire.
- Acquire basic knowledge of VA laws, regulations, veterans’ programs, and services.
- Assist FSP Resource Center Staff by accessing the VA database to determine claim status if in question.
- Assists FSP Resource Center Staff with correspondence, expense accounts and other documents as requested.
- Assist FSP Resource Center Staff in the importing of Veterans claim information in the claims management system.
- Reading support as requested by FSP Resource Center Staff.
- Provide membership updates on changes in Veterans address, phone and email addresses.
- Maintains office supplies.
- Answer phone and/or return calls to persons when requested to do so.
- Assist with other official assignments as needed.
- Maintain additional training as required by the VA or BVA.
- Work schedule is Monday through Friday 2:30 PM to 6:30 PM EST. with occasional weekends in the FSP Resource Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the National Field Service Program Director.
- Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent. Prefer 2 years secondary education (college or business school), etc.
- 1 year office administrative experience.
- 1 year customer service experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Work independently and be able to effectively, efficiently, and ethically provide support services while ensuring the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)..
- Working level knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and database systems.
- Self-starter, goal driven, team player.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
(1) Part-time position working 20 hours/week
Salary: $13.00 /hour
BVA and Federal Government background check will be performed.
To be considered for this position, please submit resume by email to:
BVA Field Service Resource Center
Attention: Mr. Edward Eckroth
National Director, Field Service Program
125 N. West Street, 3rd Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Blinded Veterans Association Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.