Samantha Hance, Blind Rehabilitation Outpatient Specialist at the Kansas City, Missouri, VA Medical Center, recently expressed gratitude in return to BVA and veterans with sight loss for the Certificate of Appreciation presented to her at the 78th National Convention.
“It is with sincere gratitude I offer my appreciation of recognition at the BVA Conference this past week. I have worked at the Kansas City VA Medical Center for nearly 13 years as an Intern and then a BROS. I have loved every minute I have spent working with veterans. It was quite an honor to be recognized and I want you all to know that. Every day is also an honor to be able to learn from each one of you, and to assist in any way I can. Thank you for making my life meaningful, and for the chance you have given me to give back for your service.”
Five additional Certificate of Appreciation recipients joined Samantha at the Convention’s Father Carroll Luncheon on August 17. They are:
- Shelly Blomstrom, Certified Assistive Technology Specialist, Kansas City, MO VA Medical Center
- Dawn Clouse, Visual Impairment Services Team Coordinator, Eastern Kansas VA Healthcare System
- Jennifer Ettenger, Visual Impairment Services Team Coordinator, Michael J. Crescenz VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Kelly Golden, Blind Rehabilitation Outpatient Specialist, R.G. Murphy VA Medical Center, Albuquerque, NM
- John Majkut, Visual Impairment Services Team Coordinator, Alexandria, LA VA Medical Center